|Reporting to:||Creative Renfrewshire Trustee Board||Period:||Aug 2019 – March 2020|
|Key Relationships:||Key partners, community groups and local arts organisations, arts professionals|
Deadline for submission: 22nd May.
Interview date : 11th June from 5.30pm.
The Engagement Consultant will work with the Trustee Board to help capture and preserve the stories of Renfrewshire’s creative communities and increase participation in cultural programming. Engage the breadth of Renfrewshire in a conversation about Creativity. Showcase stories alongside art through an accessible medium.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an Engagement Plan, coordinate and deliver a number of group engagement activities made up of individuals and organisations from Renfrewshire.
- Create working groups in each town/locale made of individuals and organisations from the community. Create programming opportunities and communications to be focused on these working groups. This will allow us to measure engagement through the scale and reach of the groups.
- Create opportunities for feedback to working groups and participants.
- Advance creativity and culture through the development of a wide range of opportunities to enable maximum participation in and exposure to culture in (mainly but not exclusively) Renfrewshire.
- Advance citizenship and community development by encouraging community participation and active engagement to ensure the services offered meet the needs of the community, and help to create artistic skills and perspectives.
- Encourage collaboration and raise the ambition of a network through attracting high-profile creative events, speakers, sponsors and investment opportunities to Renfrewshire.
- Evaluate outcomes of the engagement programme through a post-project working group, including CR board members, stakeholders and invited officials.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Trustee Board
- Please note this opportunity is NOT open to members of the Creative Renfrewshire’s Board.
Interested applicants should write with their CV and a covering letter to:
Creative Renfrewshire Limited
The Engagement Consult will develop a programme of consultation events with artists, organisations and communities across Renfrewshire. The programme should involve anchor organisations in each area to help build engagement and active participation in the outcomes. The consultations must complete by 31st March 2020. It is expected that there should be at least one event per month from August 2019 to March 2020. The events should result in the creation of local area profiles of artists and organisations, featuring cultural stories, anecdotes and upcoming opportunities, that showcase the area and add to cultural life. This collateral will be used to build the profile of Creative Renfrewshire.
The consultant will report to the Board of Directors of Creative Renfrewshire via its Programme working group and office-bearers of the organisation.
The consultant will be self-employed and will be responsible for their own office systems and any technical support. It is expected that a body of evidence, data, files and reports will be made available to the organisation building throughout the engagement and at the conclusion of the project. The organisation’s online file sharing/storage system will be made available to the consultant for uploading.
The consultant will be responsible for agreeing the appointment of a Digital Producer to support the project. Additionally, they will make all arrangements with host venues, anchor organisations and suppliers to support the programme.
The project is supported by funding from Renfrewshire Council’s Culture, Heritage & Events Fund.
A final report will be required that fully documents the process, the engagements, the documentation and make recommendations for future working or special projects.
Fee £7,200 28 weeks over 7 months
Programme £3,000 Presentation expenses to cover 7 consultation events.
Digital Producer £3,600 Fees to cover documentation, recording, uploading of content
Public Event £550 Expenses to cover a public sharing of the process.
Bishopton | Bridge of Weir | Erskine & Inchinnan | Houston | Howwood | Johnstone & Elderslie | Kilbarchan | Langbank | Linwood | Lochwinnoch | Paisley | Renfrew